Thursday, September 04, 2008

Two Things

Number One: I went sailing today. Sailing. On water. In a sailboat. We sailed across Puget Sound to Bainbridge Island in a 70 foot boat, sat there for a while and then sailed back. It was very peaceful minus the moments of terror when the boat felt like it was completely on its side. A co-worker told me that we weren't in trouble until the sail touched the water. I'm not sure that was very helpful.

Number Two: I talked to the most fantastic British man while waiting for the elevator. Fantastic is the only word to describe him. 100% eccentric. I was waiting for the elevator on my floor, with my wallet in hand, so I could head down to quickly grab lunch at the dirty "deli" in my building (it was baked potato Thursday). My wallet is similar in style to this:

As I'm waiting, a man I've never seen before walks out into the hallway and stands right next to me. Facing me. I'm facing the elevator. I look over and he's rocking some serious pointy toed boots, crazy tight black jeans, a giant belt buckle, white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a black vest and sunglasses (Note: We were indoors). He's still facing me as I quickly take it all in, so I say hello and turn back to the elevator. He says he likes my "purse. Or what do you call them here? Wallet." So, not only does he mean business with his outfit, he also has a hard-core British accent.

I say thanks and he continues to go on about how everyone is carrying them these days. He even reaches out and takes it from me, turning it over in his hands. He said, "I see them everywhere. I went out the other night and this woman opened her black patent leather wallet and it was bright red inside. It was f'ing gorgeous!"

Something about the way he was dressed and the fact that he had such strong feelings about a wallet made me refrain from telling him that I got it at Target for $12. But I did want to be his friend.

1 comment:

Annie said...

steph, the people you meet!!! i need to move out of utah!