Sunday, December 16, 2007

Productivity

Today was the most productive Saturday I've had in a long time. Aside from the fact that I accidentally slept in (only until 10am), I was able to accomplish all that I had on the schedule for the day. With my departure for Michigan looming near and the knowledge that I will probably be staying at work late next week to finish a couple projects, I had to actually make a plan for my day.

This is what went down:
+ iTunes updating. How did I get so many songs without track names, artists and/or albums? And why am I so OCD that I need to manually update it all?
+ Christmas shopping which, for the first time this holiday season, included more gifts for other people than for myself. The score today -- Stephanie: 4 Other People: 6
+ I had to write a check for $1 to get out of the parking garage. I made several purchases but completely spaced getting validation. FYI - you can't use a theater validation unless you've been there long enough to actually see a movie (clever). The lady was even kind enough to explain to me that if I didn't have a dollar bill then four quarters would work too. That was news to me. I had no idea four quarters = one dollar.
+ Card shopping with Brian. We both suck at picking out cards.
+ Dinner with the fam to celebrate Annie's birthday.
+ More shopping. A very blog-worthy story came from this trip. Stay-tuned.
+ Present wrapping while watching Love Actually. It has become tradition for me to watch this movie while wrapping my heart out.
+ An episode of Dawson's Creek with Emily and Chelsea. I'm glad they share my love for the creek.
+ Em getting pissed because Max always has to be picked up so dramatically. It's true. (Anyone who has seen one of his stretches knows what she's talking about.)
+ To Do list updating. I'm sure I've previously expressed my love for good To Do list.

My favorite conversation of the night went something like this:

Me: She has a giant crush on him.
Brian: A what?
Me: Giant crush.
Brian: I thought you said "va-giant crush".
Me: (Laughing so hard I could have been a danger to other drivers on the road) What does that even mean?
Brian: I don't know. I was hoping it was going to be something good.

"Smarney in laughlin". "Va-giant crush". Apparently not hearing correctly is a family trait.

4 comments:

cds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cds said...

va-giant crush? i just laughed out loud, alone in my room! how embarrassing.

stephanielynn said...

If I were clever I would've quickly thought up a definition, but I was too shocked to come up with anything good.

Julie said...

Sounds like a word Elliot off Scrubs would use.