Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"You wanna be me, but you can't be me..."

This post is brought to you by the Grey's Anatomy Trivia Board Game champion!

That's right, tonight was the official Grey's trivia competition and I rocked it like I knew I would. Brian, Amanda, Lindsay and I cracked open the game (that B & A gave me for my birthday) for the first time. The game started off with Brian spontaneously calling out, "I get Izzie!". We didn't know he had such a strong preference. Amanda was Meredith, Lindsay picked Cristina and I got one of my favs, George.

It was less trivia than I thought it would be and Brian claims I did not win because of skill. I strongly disagree. We were surprised by how easy some of the questions were but there were some tough ones scattered throughout.

I won the first game and after "challenging" Amanda during the second game, I got to switch places with her on the board and ended up winning the second game as well.
I answered some pretty random questions that impressed the competition. I guess it doesn't hurt that Lindsay and I have recently re-watched seasons 1, 2 and over half of season 3 to prepare for the season premiere on Thursday.

Gold Star to whoever can answer all four of these correctly:
1. How long were Addison and Derek married?
2. What is the name of Joe's boyfriend?
3. What was Addison's FULL name before the divorce?
4. What is the name of Joe's bar?

My favorite wrong answer moment went something like this...

Lindsay: "Who claimed Meredith's panties off the bulletin board?"
Brian: "Uhh..."
Everyone: "C'mon! You have to know this one!"
Brian: "Addison."
Me: "No, Addison put them on the board!"
Brian: "Oohhh. My first thought was McFatty. Was it McFatty?"


Stephanie's Trivia: Who am I quoting in the title to this post? That statement was a result of what event?

6 comments:

Annie said...

dude, i know nothing about grey's. I should borrow the dvd's

Anonymous said...

that was great fun last night. but luck. pure luck. all though i do have to give it to you for knowing random questions. :)

stephanielynn said...

All skill!

NatAttack said...

Wow, I'm pretty crappy at this. You'd definitely have me beat! I don't think I know answers to any of those questions... except maybe 7 years?

I'm waiting for the FNL game...

You'll always be the master of Grey's!

Carlee said...

Not even close on most of these. . except Addison Montgomery-Shepherd. That's about it!
You own this. I fail in comparison.

stephanielynn said...

Since my attemp at having an interactive blog (that Natalie is the queen of) failed miserably, here are the answers to the questions:

1. 11 years
2. Walter
3. Addison Forbes Montgomery Shepherd
4. The Emerald City Bar

Stephanie's Trivia: Cristina sang "You wanna be me, but you can't be me" after she beat Alex and George in the hot dog eating contest.