Monday, September 24, 2007

California Knows How To Party

How was California, you say? Well, I'll tell you...It was fantastic!

Wicked was so great! Lindsay, our sisters and Julie's friend, Audrey, met up for dinner before. After seeing the show I realized I didn't really know the whole story so it was fun to get filled in on the details. Ga-Linda (with a "Ga") or Glinda (the "Ga" is silent), whichever you prefer, was hilarious. Julie and I decided that she was a cross between Elle Woods from Legally Blonde and Mary Katherine from SNL. Over the top, but great. Julie and I also agreed that Elfaba was not as good as we'd hoped. I just wanted her to be better, but it was still so worth it!















On Sunday I hung out with Julie and Audrey. We drove up the Pacific Coast Highway but never actually got to stop on the beach.






Tuesday was Ellen Day! Lindsay and I got up early and drove up to Burbank. As it turns out, we didn't need to go quite so early, so we decided to hit up Denny's for brunch. That's the type of high-class establishment I like to frequent.

We waited in line after line for what seemed like forever. Lindsay's friend Emily and Em's friend Kate came with us. Kate got picked to ask an audience question so we were able to get seated first and in a great spot. The first few guests weren't that exciting but at the end we got to tape a segment with Jamie Foxx. He's hot and very funny. His interview made the day. The first show already aired, but the segment with Jamie Foxx airs on October 3rd. Set your TIVOs!

It's fun to get away for a few days but I always feel like I need to take a day off to recover from my vacation. I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking around Utah until Christmas. My bank account can't handle another trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these are cute pictures of you girls! glad y'all had fun.