Monday, September 10, 2007

This is my jam!

The Jamboree Music Festival was fun on Saturday. We didn't get there until almost 5:00 so we missed a few of the bands but made it in time to see everyone I was looking forward to.

We saw The Aquabats (who are possibly the most annoying people ever created), Colbie Caillat, The Format, Toad the Wet Sprocket and Dashboard Confessional.
Those people on the blanket in front of us Lindsay called "the fondlers". As soon as it got dark they were all over each other.

Colbie sounded as good in person as she does on her CD. The video quality is pretty bad because I was so far away, but you get the idea.


The Format were great! I realized I don't know their Dog Problems album as well as I should, but the songs from Interventions and Lullabies were fantastic! They played all of my favorites.

This is my absolute favorite - "Tune Out".


They also played "The First Single". This one is for you Angelique!
(Sorry if you can hear my singing in this one...)


Dashboard finished up the night. I wasn't as impressed as I was when I saw them in Vegas, but it was still good.


There's just something about a large group of people all singing together (in a non-church setting) that I love. It gives me the chills sometimes.


Next up in my fall concert series is Brandi Carlile in Boise and possibly Dashboard and The Plain White T's in SLC. I act like I have a lot of money (which I don't), but really just love live music!

No comments: