Tuesday, July 05, 2011

old mother hubbard.

Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the cupboard
To get her poor doggie a bone,
When she got there
The cupboard was bare
So the poor little doggie had none.

Except the doggie is actually me.
And the bone is any sort of edible human food.

Not only is my house void of any furniture. The cupboards are also void of food. And dishes. And utensils.

CC came home yesterday after spending some time in Japan and we had the following conversation over gchat this morning.

CC: what are you up to for dinner tonight?
Me: no plans. should we eat some deliciousness?
CC: obviously yes. seeing as there is nothing in the house.
CC: which begs the question: what have you been eating and how?

She asks a very good question.
The Answer: Restaurants. And I know kind people that have taken pity on me.

Don't worry. I have big plans to suck it up and grocery shop this week.
[For those unaware, I loathe grocery shopping.]
Until then, granola bars and string cheese will tide me over just fine.

No comments: