Thursday, July 14, 2011

it's thursday.

  • I'm disappointed that no one has come forward with information regarding the Unsolved Memory Mystery. The only other explanation is that I made it up. Which I guess is possible.
  • I saw Gillian Welch perform last night. No opener. Just two people on a nearly empty stage with two guitars, a banjo and a harmonica. All good things.
  • Two years ago I first listened to Gillian and thought she was too "country" for me. My how things have changed.
  • The audience was more than 50% old-ish folks. Definitely much older than the crowds I was used to. But oh how they were loving on Gillian.
  • We sat next to a super smelly man. His stench was attacking my nostrils, which makes me wonder why the people he was with didn't tell him? Or how can he not smell himself? Questions I will never have the answer to.
  • I participated in a mud run with obstacles last weekend. It was not nearly muddy enough, but still fun. Things it reaffirmed: I still don't like running. I have to talk myself into getting dirty.
  • My body is covered in the absolute worst bruises I've ever had. I may or may not have actually considered for a tiny, baby moment that there was internal bleeding going on. A picture text to a friend reassured me that I was not dying.
  • I am in possession of 36 mason jars. 
  • I went to Home Depot last week and bought wood. And built something.
  • On my Home Depot trip I forgot to purchases nails. No matter, we scavenged the walls of my garage and found a few that would do the trick.
  • I've been living alone for a week. It's strange, but not strange.
  • The strangest part is the fact that the only room in the entire house that has furniture is my bedroom.
  • Last night before the show we ate a picnic-like dinner in the car instead of going out to eat. It was kind of refreshing.
  • The shocking thing is that I provided the food. You know what that means? I actually had food in my house to put together some sort of meal.
  • Which leads me to this: I finally bought a few groceries this week. A few.
  • I've been planning LL's bridal shower and tonight's the night. It won't be as extravagant as her dinner parties, but it should still be fun.
  • On a related note, it's hard to make the vision you have in your head a reality. It's so much better in my head!
  • I'm going to Vancouver, BC tomorrow. I've been trying to convince someone to go with me for two years. It shouldn't have taken this long.
  • I'm going to a soccer game while I'm there. That makes three soccer games in the last couple months. I guess I love soccer now.
  • Google+ isn't very exciting to me.
  • I'm addicted to chips and guacamole from Chipotle. In fact, I think I will eat some for lunch.
  • I'm pretty sure I've decided I want to go skydiving for my birthday. I'm probably the last person you thought you'd hear that from.
  • One response: "Kills me how the girl that won't step foot in a swimming pool wants to jump out of an airplane." I should not be underestimated.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Do it! Totally go skydiving. It is seriously awesome - I went once when I was in college and sometimes I wish I could go again. It's just one of those things that everyone should do at least once. ;)

Anonymous said...

i want to go skydiving!! but i'm afraid of heights. but i still want to. i wish we could go together!