Wednesday, July 06, 2011

misplaced.

I have a memory that started crawling to the surface on Sunday afternoon that I just can't place.
LL mentioned making individual cookies in ramekins.

And there it was.

I was in a kitchen making an individual cookie in an apple shaped dish.
We were standing at a kitchen island.
The fridge was behind me.
The sink directly in front of me on the other side of the island.
The cookie dough had already been made and was in a large bowl.
I have no idea who I was with, a friend of some sort, and I think the house we were at belonged to a relative of this friend. Aunt & Uncle, I think.
There were lots of people in this family.
We had traveled to get there.
I can't remember if we slept at this house, but I think it was big and fancy-ish.

For the life of me I can't remember who I was with or where this place was. It's been bothering me for days.

And then tonight, just before drifting off to sleep I remembered another detail.
We played Apples to Apples while our cookies baked.
In the living room that was off to the right of where I was standing in the kitchen.

Please, dear internet friends, if you have any recollection of this fill in the blanks.
Because right now? I feel like a crazy person.

No comments: