Tuesday, July 26, 2011

mockingbird.

There's always a large chance that there will be confusion when making a visit to the nail salon. And I got a little dose of it while I was getting a mani/pedi today.

But first, let me clear something up. Some of you may have seen this tweet earlier and are now questioning my Twitter honesty, since I clearly stated below that I was cancelling a mani/pedi today.
Both are true. I had to cancel a mani/pedi with co-workers because I didn't go into work today (or yesterday) because I haven't been feeling well. BUT I really had my heart set on it. And I had been holding out for a couple weeks on going on my own because I knew this one was coming up. And my toes were looking rough. So I just went and got one at my usual place.

There. Now you know.

So there I was, Nail Man doing my toes and Lee working on my hands, when she noticed the book I was reading, To Kill A Mockingbird.

She got really disgusted and began saying that something was really annoying but I couldn't understand what. Sensing my confusion she pointed to the bird on the cover and said, "I hate that bird. They're always at my house going KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK." [Insert knocking hand motion here.]

Not having much experience with mockingbirds, I just smiled in some sort of agreement. Then she added, "And always leaving holes. So annoying."

It was then that I realized she was talking about woodpeckers. We just went with it.

To Kill a Woodpecker just doesn't have the same ring to it.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Steph, hope you are feeling better:)