Sunday, June 26, 2011

standoff.

So there I was, on my bed chatting on the phone with my roommate (yes, she was downstairs and I was upstairs) when a giant mosquito eater took aim at my face. That's probably not completely true, but it felt like it. Naturally I freaked out, bobbing and weaving to avoid getting touched by the massive bug, all the while keeping Lindsay on the phone.

I grabbed a shoe to kill it, but it never landed long enough or low enough for me to get it. I tried turning out the lights and luring it into another room, but that didn't work either.

Me: This is it. I'm calling in for backup.
Me: That backup being you.
Linds: [In the whiniest voice possible for her.] Nooo-o-o. You need to do it.
Me: I can't. I can't do it. Put some pants on and come up here.
Linds: [Sounding desperate] My bed is SO warm. Please. Please just do this for yourself.

This might be my favorite conversation we've ever had. And I feel like it sums up our friendship.

In the end she suggested sucking it up with the vacuum cleaner using its go-go gadget arm. Worked like a charm.

Guys, she's moving in a week...

5 comments:

lynsey said...

this made me crack up, i totally could picture this whole conversation in all of its awesomeness.

and p.s., if the vacuum ever fails or is out of reach, then grab the closest can of aerosol hair spray and go to town on that sucker. i should know, i just took down like 12 baby spiders on our vaulted ceiling that way today.

Lindsey said...

I had that exact same bug on my bathroom window the other night and screamed for the hubs to come and take care of it...I feel your pain

Lindsay Jane said...

I'm so proud of you! I knew you could do it. :)

Collin said...

I bet the number of friends you have named Lindsay is higher than the national average.

Anonymous said...

eeew!!! brian would make ME do it. come on now!

lindsay can't move!! NOO!!