Thursday, June 09, 2011

aahVOCADO!

Subway bought the homepage of MSN.com today to tell me that I can now get avocado on any sub. any time. HOW DID THEY KNOW I LOVE AVOCADOS?!?
But seriously.
I want to eat guacamole all day, every day.
Especially with those salty chips from Chipotle.
mmmmmm.
I digress.
I just wanted to tell you that this thing called advertising nearly worked.
Spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy the homepage for one day to announce a condiment maybe wasn't so crazy after all!
I got up from my chair, grabbed my purse and headed out to Subway to try their avocado.
Which will undoubtedly be in spreadable form and not even come close to meeting my expectations.
Unfortunately, to get to Subway I have to walk past the NY Deli where I eat lunch daily.
(They know my order. And my name. What's new?)
Subway and their avocado spread didn't stand a chance.


Random Story:
Long before my taste buds had a love affair with avocados, I drew one from a picture I saw in a magazine, using chalk, for a middle school art class.
It was one of my favorite pieces of work from that year.
Apparently it made an impression on a classmate as well because that year she wrote in my yearbook, "don't deny your avocado".
To this day I have no idea what that means.
The end.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

I saw this advertisement on a billboard last weekend and immediately thought of you. Also thought I might like to try it. So was it good?

Sarah said...

I love avacados! And also, I'm totally a sucker for advertising- mostly when it's something *new*. The other day I just had to buy strawberry ice cream oreos because they were new and a limited summer edition. There was no way I was walking out of Safeway without them!

ps, Brian totally wants to buy and learn to play a mandolin (and a banjo). Such a cool sound. I hope you learn :)