Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just Over Lunch

Over the course of 20 minutes at lunch today:

+My friend at Quiznos is back! And I've gotten lazy again and eat there nearly once a week. Except while he was gone my "usual" order changed. Now when I come in he just gives me the option of Usual #1 or Usual #2, instead of just assuming "The Usual". I've missed him. Maybe I should learn his name...

+There is a place where you can get a haircut on the bottom floor of my building. I'm calling it a "place where you can get a haircut" because I wouldn't call  it a barber shop and it's definitely not a salon. It's just a place where Gretchen cuts hair.

For two years this place has boggled my mind - yes, boggled - for a few reasons.

1. There seems to be no consistency to her hours of operation.
2. Roughly 85% of the time she's not cutting hair, but sitting at a desk working on Sudoku. Or what I'm assuming is Sudoku. (Hey! Remember Sudoku?! That was fun.)
3. She has taxidermied* animals as part of her decor.
4. She also sells Firemen of Seattle calendars. Firemen. Wearing very little clothing.

+A co-worker visited a Toastmasters meeting today and is considering joining. She got nervous when they told her she would have to stand up and introduce herself. I got nervous just thinking about walking through the door (which is why I didn't even go).

Anyway, did you know that they have a Jokemaster?! Someone who gets up at the meeting and just tells a joke. Brilliant.

+I received an email from IT asking me to approve adding a co-worker to our team email alias. There was no reason that I should have been asked that question as I have no real authority on the team. However, I gave my approval anyway. I felt so powerful. I think I'm going to run with it.

*Pretty sure I just made that word up.

No comments: