Friday, May 21, 2010

Excuse me, I have to take this call.

There's a person in my life at the moment that takes a lot of personal calls. Now, I'm not judging the use of company time because I've been known to have an IM conversation or two that doesn't relate to my job. However, IMing is quiet and non-disruptive to those around you. [Rationalizing: check.]

Well, it's quiet and non-disruptive unless you have funny friends that make you laugh out loud sometimes. Which I do. But that's not my point.

While I was in a meeting this morning I received the following IM from my neighbor.

I don't know where you are right now, but you're missing an awesome personal call. We're talking about signs of a drug addict, interventions and whether or not a particular club tonight will be "all asians”.

After the initial wave of disappointment at missing this obvious gem passed, I proposed we keep a log of all calls, including subject matter, so that neither of us will miss out on anything when we're away from our desks.

I'm always thinking, folks.

No comments: