Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grilled Cheese Master

Guys, I think I'm the Grilled Cheese Master. You probably didn't know there was such a thing; I didn't either. But I think I'm it.

Maybe you've heard me boast a time or two about my grilled cheese making ability. There's no denying that I have the skills to produce a perfectly golden brown sandwich. It may be the only thing I can cook, but who's keeping track?

Maybe I made a delicious ham and grilled cheese (aka "hot, ham & cheese" if you ever bought hot lunch at my elementary school. Or is it called that other places too?) on Monday for lunch while working from home.

Maybe I bragged about its perfection in my FB status update.

And maybe since that time two childhood friends have commented on that status with tales of me, as a child, teaching them the art of the grilled cheese.

Sarah: "You've had a lot of practice...I remember making grilled cheese with you when we were, like, 10. Unfortunately, I still always burn mine. :)"

Kelly: "Ha! You taught me to make grilled cheese when we were little people."

I have no recollection of this ever happening. But who is to argue with two witnesses? Certainly not me. And I think the teaching part is what has pushed me beyond just being good at it to being The Master. I don't hide my talent(s).

So, it looks like I have something else to add to my resume: tetris, beaching and now grilled cheese making. And I'm also considering adding it to my email signature: Media Planner, Science Whiz & Grilled Cheese Master.

3 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

It's true Steph. You are the G.C. Master. The best trick you taught me yet is the one flip, but mine still don't turn out right.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

It is 8:18am and I now want a grilled cheese sandwich!!