Monday, May 25, 2009

The Minivan Weekend

May has been the month of traveling and visitors. By the time the month is over I won't have worked a full week, which is awesome and a little stressful at the same time. Especially since I'm a person that likes stability in her life.

Last weekend's trip was to SLC for the wedding reception of these two, Max and Chelsea, who are now living it up in Hawaii for the next year.
The weekend started off right with a free rental car "upgrade" to this beauty. Yes, that's a minivan. I was a soccer mom for the weekend and owned it. I'm not sure which was worse, the minivan or the baywatch mobile.I spent Friday morning working, the afternoon shopping and the evening with my family. I had wanted to bowl for several weeks so Brian, Amanda and I hit the lanes. I was absolutely terrible. I didn't break 100 either game; however, that was good enough for me to win the second game. Shameful.

That evening all of the Utah siblings (+ nephew) were able to go to dinner. I didn't take any pictures (which is so unlike me!) but it was fun to spend time together. For dessert Brian, Amanda and I hit up Baskin Robbins and got sundaes. I had a Peanut Butter Cup sundae that can only be described as INTENSE. It was like a PB Cup Blizzard on steroids. There may or may not have been melted peanut butter on it.

On Saturday Annie and I went to lunch and then made a quick stop at the Keith's. The kids are still adorable and Tatum is still funny.

The wedding reception was Saturday night and was delightful. The scenery was gorgeous and I may or may not have eaten fifteen cupcakes. Okay, I didn't but I wanted to.

Look at the view in the background! What's that? You can't see it because my shoulder pads are in the way? Oh, sorry about that.
The cupcakes.
Emily is one of my favorite people on the planet. She's always making me laugh and was kind enough to let us stay in her adorable new home.
No adventure would be complete without a self-portrait. Too bad it wasn't our camera. You're welcome, Em.On Sunday morning we had breakfast with Sarah & Steph and even had the pleasure of Todd's company for a few minutes.
As always, a great SLC weekend with some great people! I'm sure I'll be back again soon enough.

5 comments:

Annie said...

i have figured out who you remind me of....Liz Lemon on 30 Rock...yes!!

stephanielynn said...

LOL...I remind you of Liz Lemon?? That's funny. Although, I have been searching for her necklace for a month.

Annie said...

yes!!! I was just watching an episode in season one where she is talking about donuts...and your comment about cupcakes reminded me of you....

There are other things besides that...

does anyone else agree with me?

Anonymous said...

so fun seeing you!! weird we won't be here in a few months. so weird.

yes, my sundae was intense too! i think a little too much.

lol! i don't know, maybe liz lemon. my bro said i could play her which i disagree. so funny you mentioned steph is her. i'll have to keep it in mind next time i watch.

Annie said...

if no one else agrees with me that is cool...but i will still keep my belief...it is not so much looks but everything else that makes me think of steph.