Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Things That Made Today Awesome

-Accidentally getting to sleep in by forgetting to set my alarm. This could have been disastrous had I not woken up in time, but since I did it was awesome.
-Having a new book to read on the bus.
-Learning that there is a code of conduct among panhandlers. A man (a panhandler himself) on the bus was telling a story of how he was so disgusted with someone he saw on the street that only approached women. "Women have enough to worry about without you bothering them".
-Thai food for lunch. I'm addicted to cashew chicken from a couple places around my office. This is not helping my weight loss situation.
-Catching the bus even though I left the office late.
-Shopping. It's always more fun with a "personal shopper" who is an expert on the product AND when you can buy a size smaller than you had originally thought.
-Hard core thunderstorm. It was the first I've experienced since moving to Seattle and I kind of loved it (even though I was caught in the pouring rain without an umbrella).
-Running into a restaurant to avoid the rain. Delicious, delicious bread.
-Singing Wicked very enthusiastically in the car with Pamela. We maybe had some sweet synchronized moves.
-American Idol. I still heart Kris and I think he did WAY better than Adam on the [already crappy] last song, despite messing up some words.
-Watching the Justin Timberlake SNL. So I'm a few weeks behind...
-Gregory Alan Isakov's new CD. I didn't make it to Easy Street so I had to download from iTunes. I got desperate.
-My bed. Sometimes I wish I could stay here all day. And by "sometimes" I mean "every morning".

No comments: