Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm Not Kidding

Today the mailman deliver a letter to my house addressed to "Ms. Stephanie". I haven't called anyone Ms. + First Name since Miss Angie, my elementary school Principal's daughter and my third grade student teacher, but I went with it. The return address said it was from "Long John Denny". At first I thought it was from Josh since he has mailed me things before, but after I opened it I realized it was something even better.

I believe my exact words were, "Shut. Up."

It was a letter from the Taxi Pirate and it started out with "Aye, Matey." The whole thing was written as if he was a pirate and I loved every word of it. I can't say that I wasn't a little creeped out that he kept my name and address, but he was trying to spread the word about how his tips and fares on October 31 will all be donated to the children's hospital so I'll let it slide this time.

It's this kind of thing that I need to learn to appreciate more in life. I mean, I just can't make this stuff up!

3 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

Ha....not everyone had a Taxi Cab boyfriend. Lucky you. I just wish he did not know where you lived....creepy! :)

Yo said...

hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

that is kind of creepy. if he shows up on halloween, dial 911. couldn't you see this being a horror movie? :)