Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fool Me Once...

Remember this story problem? Well, it happened again today.

This morning I got downtown a lot later than normal and I knew it would be hard to find a parking spot in my usual garage, so I went across the street to the "$9 Per Day" lot. I thought to myself as I was walking to my building, "You cannot leave after 6:45 tonight" and reminded myself several times throughout the day.

So at 6:35 when I got an email from a publisher asking me to send over some information I had promised, I decided I could do it quickly before I left. I sent the email, shut everything down and practically ran to the parking garage. I wound my way down 12 levels of parking garage at a speed that was a little on the unsafe side, pulled up to the window, handed the parking attendant (same girl as the last incident) my ticket and held my breath.

$18.34 came up on the screen.

S: How far over was I?
PA: The Early Bird is $9 for 10 hours.
S: Right, but how far over the 10 hours was I?
PA: Let me check...Oh, one minute!
S: One minute.
PA: One minute.
S: Is there ANY way you could just charge me the $9 rate?

She did. And I was happy.

But seriously?! One minute? I think I've learned my lesson.

3 comments:

Breann said...

Lucky duck! NO mercy in my building.

Breann said...

Lucky duck! NO mercy in my building.

Anonymous said...

1 min is dumb! if i worked there i wouldn't count it at all.