Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm a Quitter

I quit my job today. It really happened. In three weeks Seattle will be my new home.

I've been contemplating a big move for 1 1/2 years, but it was 7 months ago that I really made the decision. For the past 7 months I've been waiting for it to be the right time and that time is apparently now.

For the most part everyone has been extremely kind and supportive, which I appreciate. (Only one person was less than friendly, but apparently that's her nature.) I've met a lot of fantastic people at this company in the last three years and that's the worst part about leaving. I don't have a job to go to, but I'm taking a step into the dark and have faith that I'm doing the right thing and that things will work out.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

steph!!! good luck! i am so excited that you will be moving on with things. but sad to see you go. :( you will of coarse need to visit! and we need to have a dinner night out with you before you go. (all the Howard's here)i'm sad.but i'm so excited!

Jill Clark said...

Congrats on the taking the plunge! I'm glad you finally did it!

Annie said...

i will miss you more than words can say:) but i am glad you are moving on and taking steps of faith!!

Lindsay Jane said...

I am so excited for you and really think you will love Seattle. I know Max can't wait for you to get here! Congrats.