Saturday, March 22, 2008

Can't you just make it stop?

This afternoon Annie and I hit up Circuit City for a new car stereo. Mine has been "special" since I purchased my car, but for the last nine months I've had trouble with CD's skipping, stopping, or randomly jumping to the middle of another song. With my upcoming 14 hour drive to Seattle, I thought for my sanity (and Jill's since she'll be driving with me) I would make the upgrade.

After checking out all of our options I was 95% sure which one I wanted to go with. It was nearly impossible to find an employee to help us, but Annie was able to drag someone over. Turns out this 17-year-old kid knew as much about the product as we did so he called someone else over. The other guy didn't know either so he suggested hooking up an iPod and testing it out. I pulled mine out of my purse and hooked it up. One of the songs on my playlist of current favorites started playing, but as the incompetent employee started pushing buttons at random the song changed and "Journey to the Past" from the Anastasia soundtrack was playing SO LOUD.

I was holding the iPod so I impulsively tried to change the song, but the deck was in control. Annie and I started laughing and my face turned bright red and I finally said, "Can't you just make it stop?!" Nope. He sure couldn't.

Finally he got the song to change....to an Aaron Neville song from "Now That's What I Call Christmas". Not better.

I couldn't take it anymore so I finally just unplugged it. So embarrassing.

I don't blame myself for having crappy music on my iPod. I blame the dumb employee that didn't know how to work the product he was selling.

1 comment:

Annie said...

i still laugh...