Sunday, January 07, 2007

Just My Luck

Yesterday I got a massage. A massage that I've been wanting to get for months, but it wasn't as relaxing as I would've hoped.

As Lindsay and I were waiting in the "Quiet Room" I realized I hadn't made the appointment and didn't know if my massage therapist would be a man or woman. I wasn't feeling too comfortable with the idea of some random man rubbing all over me, but Lindsay took the stance of "it's their job" and said she would trade me if mine ended up being a guy. Not a minute later, my name was called.

Let me introduce you to Dennis. Dennis is roughly 5'8" and 40 years old. He has a "healthy" belly and is balding, but that hasn't stopped him from growing out his greasy curly hair, parting it on the side and slicking it to his head. Not to mention his glasses cover 1/3 of his face.

Too shocked to know what else to do, I slowly got up from my chair and followed Dennis down the hallway. I must say, it wasn't as bad I thought it would be, even with all of the heavy breathing and statements like "relax your head like it's an ice cube melting on a hot summer day".

I'm pretty sure Dennis went into massage therapy because it was the only way he was ever see a woman naked. I'm just sayin'...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He saw you naked! What kind of massage palace are you going to? Did he massage your buns? LOLOLOL

stephanielynn said...

Let me explain how full body massages work. You get naked, climb under a sheet and then a massage therapist comes in and goes to town. Certain parts of you are always covered by a sheet, but for the most part you're not. A little awkward...especially when Dennis is your man.

Carlee said...

That could be the greatest thing that I have read all year! I love it! Sicky sick sick-o!

Anonymous said...

so he massaged your buns then?

stephanielynn said...

Sure did.