Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Is that salt or something?

Annie and I successfully made it to Vegas and back!

The roads weren't "bad" on the way down, they just weren't clear. There was slush all over until about Cedar City and my black car got so dirty it became white. After we arrived my cousin looked out the window at my car and said, "Uh, did you get a little salt on your car?" Yes, yes I did.

It was 35 degrees in Vegas. Can you believe that? Apparently the locals in Henderson didn't know what to do with the cold temps and shut down every car wash in the city. Everyone else was driving around in their shiny, freshly waxed cars and mine looked like I drove through the Great Salt Lake on my way down. I was embarrassed and was determined to find a car wash.

After nearly an hour of driving around Henderson in desperation I was ready to resign myself to a dirty car for the rest of the trip, when out of the corner of my eye I saw some cars being towel dried. I had struck gold on the corner of Serene and Eastern! I made my way to the line of cars, paid my $6 and waited. When it was my turn to pull up one of the gentlemen doing the pre-wash knocked on my window.

PWG: Why does your car look like this?
Me: Well, I just drove down from Utah and it was kind of snowy.
PWG: So, is that salt or something?
Me: Yup. And lot's of it.
PWG: Everyone that comes from Utah has a car that looks like this!
Me: It's pretty snowy there...
PWG: I'm glad you made it here safe.

As he was rinsing the car down I heard the guy on the other side of me ask what was up with my car and my new friend (PWG) explained that I had just come down from Utah. I laughed to myself.

The world is right again and my car is still clean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your car was crazy white! I still can't get over the fact that I couldn't find it.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! Glad to hear it all worked out for you. I had a similar experience driving my car in New York City. (P.S., my car was in NYC yesterday. Weird huh? Like Times Square and everything. I hate pedestrians man, I almost hit about seventeen.)