Sunday, June 29, 2014

J.O.B. (8.14.10)

Being on a new team at work I've become the person that has zero answers. This is hard for me for a few reasons:

1. I hate to fail and this makes me feel like I'm constantly teetering on the edge of failure.
2. For the past two years I was the one that had all the answers. I had so much historical data stored in my brain that someone would ask a question and I didn't even have to look it up.
3. I'm no longer the catch-all for any and all random projects (which is a good thing) but I feel like I
I'm not working very hard.

-----------------------------------------

[2014: Fast forward four years and I'm now a veteran on the "new team" mentioned above. I'm once again the person that has "all" the answers and the historical knowledge and am, again, the catch-all for the random projects.

It's a good reminder to look back at something like this and realize that I'll always worry with change. But in the end, I'll always be okay. I just need to give myself time to get there.

Being on the verge of another big change job-wise, this was a super timely reminder. Sometimes it's hard to gain that perspective in the moment when all the feelings are at the surface, but things have a way of sorting themselves out.]

No comments: