Tuesday, October 19, 2010

twenty eight. (continued. and completed.)

Remember that birthday I keep talking about? Right.

So after the surprise part where things got real awkward, the attention was quickly turned from me to everyone else. (This is why my friends are brilliant. No stress for me!) You see, I know a lot of musically talented people. Sometimes I hate them because I wish I had their skills, but mostly I just love them for it. CK and I had talked for most of the summer about throwing a backyard summer concert, but it never came to fruition.

That is until my pre-birthday surprise party. (Except it wasn't in the backyard because it was cold and rainy. Whatevs. Still counts.) But what I'm telling you is that my people performed for my birthday party.

I love music. I love my people.
It was perfection.
Somehow I only have photos of Adam and Jon. But there were more. I have video proof that I will somehow use to my advantage at a later date.

There was cake. (Red velvet!)
There was smiling. (The hostess!)

There was hugging. (Dreamboats!)
There were dino nuggets. (Supposedly my favorite meal!)
And there was a fake performance. (Not legit!)
Twenty eight started off right.

And to fully round out the birthday recap, a few more photos of the big day in Maui.
Looks like I'm feeling a little less than confidant that my wish will come true...

The Professor, The Captain, The Madame, and The DJ. 
Just look at them. Who wouldn't want to spend their birthday with these fools?

And then there was the moment, just before bed, that I heard a yell and ran out of my room to find Lindsay kneeling on top of the table. I saw the gecko climbing the wall and quickly found myself standing on a stool. nbd.

Here's to my twenty-eighth year. I have high hopes for this one.

No comments: