Sunday, October 17, 2010

the definition of fall (part two)

Saturday was the perfect Fall day.
The sun was shining. The air was a little chilly. I got out of the city. I saw trees with changing leaves.

And I purchased cider. (And a fruit leather. Because who doesn't love fruit roll-ups?)
The cider mill was a little different than I remember. There were no apples being pressed (only on Thursdays) and they didn't make or sell donuts, BUT it was still a good time and fun to get outside and take advantage of a beautiful day.

Have you ever seen someone so happy to be holding jugs of apple cider? (PS - I bought the spiced cider in my left hand because the jar was adorable. It will taste good too. But that jar...)
Drinking cider is not the same without a donut to go along with it. Powdered is my preference. So we picked up Fred Meyer's finest to make the outing complete.
One box is checked on the Autumn To Do list.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Steph. I was daydreaming about Diehl's Orchard and the apple press the other day. Now I'm going to have to find a Cider Mill. Thanks a lot. ;)