Saturday, October 16, 2010

the definition of fall

I had three separate conversations yesterday about cider mills and no one knew what I was talking about.

Me: Can we also find a cider mill?
AB: What?!?
Me: A cider mill...apples. cider. donuts. pure happiness.
AB: And totally random.

------------------------------------------

Me: Should we go to a cider mill?!?
SB: A cider mill? Don't think I have ever been to one of those. Sounds interesting!

-------------------------------------------

Me: And we're going to a cider mill.
SU: A what?
Me: Cider mill.
SU: Haunted house?
Me: CIDER. MILL.

Since no one knew what I was talking about, I took it to the world wide web to find a cider mill nearby. What I found was several people posting things like "I'm from Michigan and I'm looking for a cider mill in the area...".

I guess it's a Michigan thing. Who knew?

What I do know is that today the air is crisp, the sun is shining and I'm going to drink real cider and eat a powdered donut.

It's the definition of Fall.

1 comment:

Maria said...

We went apple picking here (in California) last week, and I must say, it wasn't the same. The apples weren't nearly as good, and the orchards were pretty sparse. And the saddest part is that when we went to get cider and donuts, they had no donuts! So we bought some cider (which was actually really good) and picked up some Krispy Kreme donuts on the way home. Just not the same, but a small semblance of fall in a place that doesn't really get "fall". I'm glad you found your cider mill!