Monday, January 04, 2010

Unclutter

This weekend I spent a couple days helping a friend pack up her apartment and move to her new place. I was more than happy to help, but that experience reminded me that I never want to move again.

Ever.

And if I have to, I will strongly consider throwing everything out and starting over.

But it motivated me in some strange way and when I got home after the second night I decided to tackle a project of my own that I've been putting off. My room is very small and oddly-shaped and I had one too many pieces of furniture crammed in. I devised a plan to move the bookshelf out of my bedroom and into the spare room next door (And just so we're clear, when I say "spare room" I mean "glorified closet that is used to store everything we don't have room for in the rooms we actually use") and move the dresser to a more optimal location.

This is the bookshelf that got the boot and an awkward view of the room.

And while I was at it, I thought I'd fix a few drawers that had been bugging me for 1.5 years. Which also turned into going through the contents of those drawers. (I learned that I have WAY too many t-shirts. The excuse "But this would be great for painting" can only work for so long. I mean, how often do I paint anything?) Which then led to cleaning out my closet.


This is the point I had reached at 9:00pm. Question: Why do I always find it necessary to start big projects so late in the evening?

In the end it was all worth it. Here's the (almost) finished product.

Now I just have to get my new "art" hung - Audrey will no longer be staring at me while I sleep.

Doesn't a clean, uncluttered room just make you happy? Yeah, me too.

3 comments:

SLB said...

Love your new room set up! Good work.

Kitty said...

Looks really nice, Steph!!

Anonymous said...

wallpapers

sgeh c ? sa 79