Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Resolute

There are a lot of things I want to accomplish in 2010. Some big, some small. Some things I should be doing already and some are new additions to the To Do list. But there are a few things in particular that I'm officially titling my "resolutions".

Here they are in all of their glory.

Drink more water. Now, don't confuse this with "Drink Less Diet Coke". It's not the same thing and not what I'm going for. I'm happy to continue drinking a can of DC a day, but I need to increase my liquid intake on top of that.

Serve. I've been thinking for the last year (at least) that I want to find a place to volunteer on a regular basis. I've looked for opportunities, but not hard enough.

Do hard things. I worry too much about what other people think of me and oftentimes let that stop me from doing certain things. (Am I in therapy right now?) I'm also really good at talking myself out of doing a lot of things I would like to do, but this year I'm going to push myself to do things that are hard for me to do.

Oh, the possibilities!

Give people the benefit of the doubt. I have a friend who has been a brilliant example of this. She's always trying to view situations from the other person's perspective and just generally looks for the good in people. I'm inspired by her positivity. And I, for one, could use an extra scoop of positivity in my life.

I have 12 months to make it happen. Knowing me, I'll probably start around month 10. Maybe I should add "Don't procrastinate" to the list...

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I just realized that I hadn't been following your blog lately...and then spent a long time reading every entry I'd missed. As great as ever.

stephanielynn said...

Welcome back! So glad it wasn't a disappointment.