Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tomorrow's Champions: The Future Starts Now

In addition to my free subscription to People magazine I also randomly get Health magazine (And by randomly I think I mean monthly. It just feels like there is no rhyme or reason.). I used to get US Weekly, but sadly that gravy train ended.

Side note: I was in denial for nearly a month. Every week I would go to my mailbox at work hoping to find the latest issue. Finally, I had to admit that we'd had a good run, but our time together was over.


My co-worker happens to get WWE magazine. I can't imagine what client or campaign she was working on that would have given her reason to buy on that site (resulting in the sales rep giving her a subscription), but it happened.

And WWE magazine has brought our team so much joy.

It all started when flipping through the magazine one day, co-worker #1 found that there was a tear-out poster inside. Think Zac Efron in Tiger Beat...only a wrestler. It was a hidden gem and we knew we had to make use of it.

I thought for a minute and had a stroke of genius. My very by-the-book co-worker (#2) was out of town so we decided to hang the poster in her cube as a fun surprise for when she returned. My favorite part is the tattoo co-worker #3 added on his chest. Brilliant.

CW#2 didn't quite give us the reaction we were looking for (read: no reaction), but you'd better believe that poster is still hanging.

We were lucky enough to receive another issue while co-worker #3 was out of town. When she returned she found this:
That only lasted in her cube for one week.

Then last week CW#1 and CW#2 decided to give me a little gift. It's not actually hanging in my cube, but it's positioned in CW#2's cube so that every time I look up from my computer I can see it.
Here's a closer look...
Those are "Tomorrow's Champions", y'all. Tomorrow's Champions in elbow and knee pads and very small "shorts". There's just so much ridiculousness going on, it's hard to take it all in.

In case you were wondering, "the future starts now".

2 comments:

Julie said...

I was watching "Dinner:Impossible" the other day when I saw the Real Worlds own Mike aka "the Miz" cutting chicken...evidently, his dream has come true and he is an actual WWE wrestler. I wonder if he's in the big poster in CW#2's cube that you can see from your computer. Go give it a look if you didn't notice him before. Crazy isn't it?

stephanielynn said...

JULES! Of course I remember, The Miz! I took a closer look at the poster and he's on the far right. LOVE IT.