Thursday, December 18, 2008

Winter Mayhem

Dear Seattle,
I don't know if you know this, but winter comes every year. I realize it doesn't snow all winter long, but it will at least once or twice. Maybe it's time to come up with a game plan for such occasions.

A game plan other than "Shut Down City".

A few suggestions:
-Snow plows
-Salt trucks and salt
-Implementing said salt prior to the storm
-Wait to cancel school until it actually snows - not a full 24 hours before the first flake falls

Oh, and give my bus driver from this morning a raise. It may have taken twice as long to get to my destination, but we didn't hit any other cars or pedestrians or get stuck. Sure, there were those two times that we fish-tailed into the curb and that other time that we slid down the hill into the street. But all-in-all, a stellar job.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud here. Maybe next year.

Love,
Stephanie

Looking down out the stairwell of my building.
Looking North up 1st Ave from my building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so they shut down the city for that little snow? i love how places outside of utah shut down. the scary thing about back home though, ice. oooooo.....