Monday, December 15, 2008

First Time For Everything

I hate to say it, but I think I'm an official FHE-goer. LJL's new calling in the ward has brought me into Activity activity. (I was already sold on church in general, just not all of the activities in addition to Sunday services.) And you know you're official when they ask you to host FHE. Sure, they announced it as being "at Lindsay's house" but since I live there too it kind of counts.

I made gingerbread house for what is possibly the first time in my life. And when I say I made I mean Breann made and I assisted. (Do you like our unplanned matchy-matchy brown shirts?)
I will admit, I wasn't thrilled about the gingerbread house idea but once I got that bag of frosting in my hand I was unstoppable. Breann had all the brilliant ideas and I just placed some of the items. It was a giant mess, especially in our tiny living/dining room, but the night ended up better than I had anticipated.
The finished product.
All of those gum drops and red hots were place with love. Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Yo said...

lovin the pretzel fence- very creative!

Leah said...

I think you go to FHE more than I do at this point! :)

Sarah said...

Adorable! And I can't believe you made it through a lifetime of friendship with me and never made a gingerbread house! I swear we made them every year at my house. Which was basically your house, so...

Kitty said...

Very nice!! Looks very North Pole-ish!

Anonymous said...

those look great! they came out WAY better then the ones the kids and i make.

Αναστασία said...

That looks awesome!
Excellent rookie effort!
I've always wanted to make one and never have!
I should find someone I can be an apprentice for ;)

Unknown said...

Matchy matchy brown squared. Love it!