Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Rub-a-dub-dub

Lately my tub has had issues draining and since some heavy duty Drano had been applied just a few weeks ago, I thought there might be something else going on.

Boy, was there.

When I unscrewed the plug I couldn't believe what I saw. And when I started pulling it out of the drain I really couldn't believe it. It was like a rat had died in the drain. A dead rat that, oddly enough, had hair exactly the same color as mine.

I'm not gonna lie - I dry heaved a little. Or a lot.

You'd better believe that I lured Lindsay upstairs with a "Linds, you HAVE to see this." and she was just as disgusted. Probably even more so, actually. But Internet, you should thank her because I contemplated taking a picture of the obstruction and posting it for you all to share in the experience. She convinced me it was a bad idea.

The good news is the tub is back in business!

5 comments:

Queen of the Giggle Loop said...

Hahaha...that's nasty-I love it! I probably would have taken a picture too. ;D

Lindsay Jane said...

Thank you for not taking a picture. I had dreams last night of that furry thing crawling and attacking me.

Julie said...

If you hadn't figured out the problem by the end of your entry, I was going to tell you to open the drain and have a look-see. Every year around Feb. my drain would slow down and I'd have to do the same thing. Conditioner in the hair and wrapped around the drain so bad I'd have to use scissors to cut and pull out the hair. I hated it everytime! So gross.

Anonymous said...

i had to do the same, cut the hair out! but with our bathroom sink! i have done it once, when we moved in. i used an entire bottle of drano and nothing worked. opened it up and dry heaved myself. it was years of other people's saliva!! with hair. sorry to share that. :)

Sarah said...

Um, yeah, gross. Also, you have won a "fabulous blog" award. If you care you can check out my blog for details. Love ya!