Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Welcome Back

After close to 4 months, I made an appearance at the gym last night. Three miles later I was feeling surprisingly good.

Note to self: The elliptical is way easier than the treadmill. Does that mean I'm not benefiting as much?

My motivation to return to the gym came from watching the show 'Big Medicine' on TLC. It's a reality show (of course) about two doctors (father & son) who do gastric bypass surgeries. One of their patients, Allen, started out at 1,000 lbs and was still going strong at 540 lbs four months after surgery.

I don't want to end up like Allen. It was time.

3 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

Way to go. I really do need to be brave enough to actually get that personal trainer. Maybe I should start going to the gym too so the trainer does not totally kill me.

Anonymous said...

ooooo girl! i don't think you could ever get to allen's weight. oh man! 1,000 punds???!!

but motivation is motivation. great job! :) i need to follow.

Anonymous said...

and that was....pounds. not punds! :)