Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dinner And A Show

Last night Lindsay and I decided to celebrate Halloween by going out for Chinese food. We headed to my favorite restaurant in Bountiful, Joy Luck, without knowing we were going to get dinner AND a show!

The restaurant wasn't very full so they were seating everyone in the same area. As we started eating we realized that there was some action going down at the table to my left. A mom and dad were interrogating their daughter who must've been around 15 years old. They were trying to get some sort of information out of her and she didn't want to talk.

Of course Lindsay and I stopped talking so we could hear better. I wanted to walk over and say, "Excuse me, do you think you all could speak up a little? We're having a little trouble hearing."

Here are some of the snippets we were able to catch, mostly from the mom who wasn't really trying to keep her voice down:

-"I didn't raise you to be a bi#@h so stop acting like one."
-"You've done things in the last 6 months that I never though you would do."
-"So you're telling me that you never pair off? What about the time I caught you and Brent in [insert name here]'s bedroom?"
-"You need to take some time to figure out who you are as a person. I don't think that's too much to ask."

Really? You're having this conversation in the middle of a very quiet restaurant? If I were that poor girl I wouldn't have talked either.

But I have to admit, I was a little glad they were having their private conversation in public because it made for some good entertainment.

No comments: