Monday, October 30, 2006

Mouse Hunt - Part IV



The mice are taking over my house!

Last night after ward prayer Max and I were laying on my bed and I was talking to Scott on the phone. I heard a rustling noise in the corner but realized that Max hadn't moved. I told Scott to hold on (so I could listen) and heard it again. Max heard it too and jumped up to see what it was. I then saw a little brown mouse run along the wall from behind my nightstand to behind my dresser.

Me: "Mouse! Mouse! Mouse!"
Lindsay (from the other room): "What?! Where!?
Me: "Scott, I'll call you back." "Mouse! Mouse!"

Max hopped down and tried to block the mouse in the corner. It was behind the dresser and Max was having some trouble reaching it. Every time he went in one side the mouse would run out the other. I would then scream (from the "safety zone" on top of my bed) and the mouse would run back.

This happened quite a few times and finally Max gave up and hid under the bed. What?! Hiding under the bed when there is clearly still a mouse that needs to be caught? This is how he got the title "Worst Mouse Hunter Ever".

By this time Lindsay had joined me in the "safety zone" and we were trying to throw Max in the direction of the mouse. He was NOT having it.

Finally, the mouse ran out from behind the dresser, I snapped a picture, and he then ran all the way across my room and slipped under the bedroom door. The mouse is now roaming free in our house.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well last night.

No comments: