Monday, October 16, 2006

Mouse Hunt

Anyone who knows me knows I love my cat. He's the oddest cat you will ever meet--part cat, part dog and part human baby. A special feline breed which I will now call a Cogaby.

As I sat here writing this inaugural post, I heard a rustling under the bookcase. I saw the Cogaby crawling under the bookcase and then, to my horror, I saw a small brown object run along the length of the wall finding refuge behind another piece of furniture.

Does the Cogaby notice that the small brown object is no longer under the bookshelf? No.

Am I freaking out because there is a mouse running around in my house? Yes!

The Cogaby kept searching under the bookshelf for 10 more minutes, then gave up and wandered down the hall crying over his defeat. Apparently that's what cats who are also part dog and part human baby do. They let the mouse get away.

Worst mouse hunter ever.

No comments: