Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm a 12 year old.

Today at work I realized just how immature I really am.

We were on a conference call with a vendor who had the worst stutter. It didn't seem like a speech impediment--it seemed like maybe he was nervous or excited and for some reason couldn't think of the words he wanted to use.

After about 15 minutes of the stuttering, I lost it. I couldn't focus on what he was saying, only on how he was saying it. I started to laugh. I turned around to face the wall in an attempt to gain composure. Then Carlee, in mid-sentence, started to laugh. So much so that she had to stop talking. I made a dash for the door (not before getting stuck in my chair) because I didn't want to be responsible for Carlee not being able to finish the call. I felt like I was in church and got the giggles.

Seriously, how old am I?

3 comments:

NatAttack said...

Hahaha. When you came over to my desk giggling like that it freaking cracked me up too.

Anonymous said...

If I'm correct...I think you are 23 years old.

stephanielynn said...

Wrong...I'm 24. (Did that sound a little like Dwight?)