Monday, November 06, 2006

That's Some Good 'Sheed!



Tonight I attended my first Pistons game ever and I loved it! All my boys were there (minus Big Ben, of course) and they lived up to all my expectations (minus winning, of course). Despite not scoring a field goal for probably 10 minutes in the 3rd quarter, Detroit only ended up losing by a measly 2 points! Final score: Jazz 103, Pistons 101.

The tickets were free, parking was free, Lindsay and I found boyfriends at concessions, I got to eat a hot dog AND a soft pretzel...what could go wrong? Crabby Jazz fans, that's what.

We were sitting behind a girl (and her boyfriend who sat through 90% of the game with his headphones in) who thought she knew all there was to know about basketball and seemed to believe that without her cheering, the Jazz just wouldn't be able to pull through.



Needless to say, she did NOT appreciate that we were cheering for the Pistons and Lindsay and I really enjoyed the fact that it bothered her so much. Near the beginning of the game she said, "I really like sitting over there because you don't ever have to deal with people cheering for the other team." And for a while she would turn and give us dirty looks every time we clapped. I had no idea that there were official rules about only being able to cheer for the home team...silly me. All she really did was make me want to cheer louder and I made sure to lead forward so she could her my claps.

Alas, my boys couldn't pull it together in the end but it was still a great time.



1 comment:

stephanielynn said...

Or how about "That's bull sheed!"

Okay, maybe not...