Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Can Only Be Classified As Out of Control


Lindsay does not mess around when it comes to Christmas decorations.

When I got home from work last night there was a tree (a real one!) in the garage. And once you have a tree you can't just let it sit in the garage naked. So, we skipped the gym to hit up Target for some decorations. Lindsay claims that I didn't have the Christmas spirit on our shopping trip, but I maintain that I just didn't have the vision.

For example:
S: "Can't we use the pink and silver ornaments we used last year?"
L: "That's lame. We need new ones."

And new ones we got.


It turns out that a couple months ago Lindsay budgeted a certain amount for "Christmas decor". I'm telling you, she doesn't mess around.
Our cart was not only filled with ornaments for the tree, but with other decorations for various places in the house--including the largest wreath I've ever encountered in my life.






The rest of the evening was spent listening to Christmas music and decorating the tree. About half-way through decorating Lindsay announced that I finally had the vision.

I think it looks wonderful!

6 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

Glad you finally caught the vision! :)

Carlee said...

It looks like a magazine! Good work girls. . .

stephanielynn said...

It's hard to catch the vision once you've hit "retard stage".

Anonymous said...

Guys have no vision for that stuff...hence the reason I need a wife.

Anonymous said...

I'm ALL about skipping the gym for Target.

stephanielynn said...

Matthew, maybe you'll find a Jazz dancer to be your wife;)