Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Bad Day

I sometimes wonder what would happen if I just stopped coming to work.

Could I really muster up the guts to "pull a Leo" and just not come back? Would Kirk and Carlee show up at my house to make sure I hadn't done anything drastic like Kim and Mark did to Leo? Hopping on a plane to San Diego and living at a YMCA isn't sounding too bad right about now.

Maybe I should go the route of Peter Gibbons from Office Space.

Peter Gibbons: I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
PG: Yeah.
J: Won't you get fired?
PG: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
J: So you're gonna quit?
PG: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.

Then when I go to my meeting with the Bobs' (which is likely to happen here at DM) I could lay it all out on the table and get a promotion.

It's 8:00 pm and I'm still at work searching for 300 leads, one by one, in three different files. I want to poke my eyes out and I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.

2 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

Steph...I would notice because I would miss work to because I don't get out of bed until you are out of the shower.

stephanielynn said...

Bummer. I wouldn't count on me as your alarm clock...like today for example when I didn't get out of bed until after 8am:)