Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I've Been Roaming Around...

Driving past The Gorge last weekend reminded me of my spur of the moment decision to hit up the Kings of Leon concert there in July. I'd never been to a show at The Gorge and I thought that after two years it was time to check that off the list.


Just a quick stop at the Dairy Freeze for dinner. We like to keep it classy.


It was 90 degrees, but it felt amazing. 

The view [of nature] was beautiful and the people watching was unparalleled. No, really. Apparently we missed the memo about wearing your swimsuit and/or any other article of clothing that covers just as little. I was entirely overdressed.

 
I will forever think of Cara every time I hear Kings of Leon. Memorial Day 2009. Oregon Coast. The album on repeat. It was only fitting that I see them with her.

I kind of love this photo of Linds and I. It really just sums up a lot.

















 The show a little disappointing since I couldn't really hear anything. At one point the entire lawn was chanting "Turn. It. Up!",  so it wasn't just me that was having issues. But it was fun to hang out with these ladies.
















Okay. So I'm a creepster and took this photo of the adorable family in front of us. The two boys were probably 9 and 11 (side note: I'm SO bad at guessing ages; they could have been 5 and 15 for all I know.) and they were still just sweet, innocent kids. They weren't too cool yet to be hanging out with their parents and they all teased each other in a fun, loving way. 

Although all of the crazies around us were entertaining, I couldn't help but want to pull those two boys aside and say, "You know everything you've been watching these people do? Promise me you will do the exact opposite. Always." 

Things We Learned:
1. The Gorge needs help with their sound system.
2. I love nature. Well, the kind of nature I can enjoy while sitting on a blanket in a sundress, reading USWeekly. Let's not get carried away.
3. I'm a slightly creepy people watcher.

No comments: