Thursday, August 05, 2010

Know Your Audience

Since I'm posting about creepy things lately...

Last week at work I came back from a meeting to find a package on my desk. Getting sent gifts is not unusual and it's always fun to see what random stuff publishers are sending.

When I opened the box I found this:
A BYU hat. From someone I had never met.

To make a point about "knowing your audience" [and how their targeting capabilities would allow me to target my client's ads more effectively] they found out where each media planner went to school and sent each planner a hat with the logo on it.

Clever? Possibly.
Creepy? Definitely.

LinkedIn profiles are good for something, I guess.

3 comments:

Jerkolas said...

This is waaaaaaay creepy. If I were you I wouldn't ever wear that.

stephanielynn said...

So are you saying you want to borrow it? I would let you.

4 Reale said...

Mostly just gross because it is BYU. Duh.