Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Conversation of the Day: Pork Bomber Part II

I had dinner with friends tonight to celebrate a Seattle bestie who is taking off on an adventure for the next six months. (PS - I'm very excited for her and sad for myself.)


Me: I think I'm going to get the Pork Bomber. No, maybe I want the club.
C: You can't. You're getting the Pork Bomber just because I want to hear you order it.

...A few minutes pass and our waiter comes to take our order...

Waiter: And what will you have?
Me: Uhh...I'll have the Pork Bomber.
Waiter: [Staring blankly while everyone else at the table giggles.] I'm sorry, what would you like?
Me: The Pork Bomber.
Me: And really? You made me say it again?
Waiter: [Laughing a little.] I really didn't hear you the first time.
Me: Sure you didn't.

In the end, the Pork Bomber was the wrong choice. It was less than delicious. And remember when I ate the Pork Bomber for the first time during my first weekend in Seattle?

2 comments:

Jill Clark said...

I love this history of the Pork Bomber. So funny! Too bad you ordered it again and it wasn't good. Good times.

Butt Face.

stephanielynn said...

The Pork Bomber always makes for a good story. And Buttface is still going strong!