Friday, December 11, 2009

Caught Red Handed

It's possible that I sleep on the bus to and from work each day. There are times when I try not to and those times almost always end in failure, so why fight it? I don't care that a bus full of people see me passed out in my own happy dream world every day, but it's always a little embarrassing to find that someone I know is/was on the bus.
 
This morning I got caught. By Chats McGee.
 
Chats doesn't normally ride my bus, but after I had nearly slept through my stop, stepped off the bus sleepy-eyed and began walking to my building, I heard him talking behind me.
 
CM: Hey.
S: Oh hey!
CM: I was on your bus this morning.
S: Oh yeah? Well, I was passed out so I wouldn't have noticed.
CM: I know. I saw you. I was worried you were going to sleep through your stop.
 
How funny would it have been if I HAD continued sleeping and woke up to Chats McGee telling me it was time to get off the bus? I would have been so confused.
 
And it would have been funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol! i slept on the school bus all the time! no matter how cold/hot. or how much my head would bounce and hit the window.

that would have been confusing if chats woke you up. you'd be like "where am i?" :)