Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thumbs Up Thursday

It may have had a rough start, but Thursday ended up being a pleasant surprise. I came home tonight smiling, which isn't a given these days.

My day started to turn around when I got this beauty as a gift from a publisher.
Pretend, for a moment, that my eyes are open.
A classic blue Snuggie WITH the bonus reading lamp. Don't be jealous. So ridiculous and so awesome at the same time. Nothing short of a Christmas miracle.

The real kicker for the day was the company Christmas party. Yes, the company party ended up being the (very unexpected) highlight of my day. But how could it not be when it was called LAZORKITTEN Christmas Party.

Wondering what a Lazorkitten is? Behold...
Five of these bad boys were plastered around the party area. The one on the right was my favorite.

I don't know if there is a way to make you understand the experience of this party, but I'll try.
  • There were Lazorkittens.
  • There were two DJ's (not simultaneously).
  • There was a fog machine.
  • There were laser-ish lights.
  • There was a live performance. (It included spandex and some sweet moves.)
  • There was a photo booth where I maybe had my picture taken at various points in the evening with at least three of those Lazorkittens + co-workers (some I'd never even spoken with before).
  • There was an open bar. Now, you may be wondering how this benefited me since I don't drink. I assure you, it did. There were trainwrecks waiting to happen, my friends.
  • Finally, there was dancing.

  • I had a dance party at my office, with my co-workers.

    I'm a fan of the dance party in the right situation. Normally I wouldn't consider a dance party with my co-workers the "right situation", but whatever. It usually takes me a while to talk myself into letting loose, but somehow it happened tonight and I just danced my little heart out. I think it helped that by that time everyone was a little tipsy.
Like the Snuggie, the party was so ridiculous and so awesome at the same time.

No comments: