Saturday, August 16, 2008

Concert #1: Tractor Tavern

Tonight was the first installment of a three-part Brandi Carlile concert series.

It. Was. Fantastic. 

I hadn't eaten dinner, we were sweating from the minute we walked in the door, got stuck behind a man that was easily 6'6'' and my feet were killing me by the end of the night, but I absolutely LOVED every minute of it. I clapped, I sang, I danced. I just don't think there's anything better than live music.

This is us before the concert started. We had only been there for 15 minutes, but had already downed a glass of water and were quickly starting to get a little shiny. The heat only got worse...
Brandi and The Twins. Their old band The Fighting Machinists opened. They had a few songs I liked, but I prefer them with Brandi.
She sang all of my favorites and threw in a couple of her new songs. During the encore she sang Calling All Angels with her sister and her mom even came on stage and sang for a minute. So good!
And the best part...we met her!! After waiting around forever and getting stared at by the hands down creepiest man I've ever seen, she finally came out. Our stalking paid off. Not the best picture of either of us, but I talked to Brandi Carlile!
I was also pretty excited about the limited edition t-shirt made only for that "secret" show.
Installment two is tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to sitting outside in the 90 degree weather all day, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. It always is.

PS - You can go to
this site to watch tonight's entire show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is AWESOME!!!! you all met her!? nice!!!