Monday, November 12, 2007

Things About Me

1. I like to keep the TIVO "clean". Too many shows backed up stresses me out.
2. I have an addictive personality. I get obsessed with things (TV shows, music, etc.) pretty easily.
3. I think it's sexy when guys drive a stick shift.
4. I'm generally unaware of my strengths and very conscious of my weaknesses.
5. I didn't wear my hair curly until I got to college. Try straightening your hair in 90% humidity - not fun (or pretty).
6. I originally wanted to go to college in a big city. I never would have survived.
7. I played tennis for two years in high school and I wasn't good. I took lessons between the two seasons and when I came back my coach apologized for not paying attention to me the year before.
8. I HATE humidity.
9. I once slept for 17 hours straight.
10. I want to have a house with a wrap-around porch someday.
11. Fall is my favorite season. I love the changing leaves and it's one of the things I miss most about Michigan.
12. I didn't drink diet soda until I lived with Tatum. It was Dr. Pepper all the way before that.
13. I didn't call pop "soda" until I moved to Utah. I still feel guilty about switching over.
14. I got glasses during my senior year of high school.
15. I sleep diagonally with my head in the right corner and my feet in the left corner of my bed.
16. I used to talk in my sleep. I haven't shared a room with anyone for a couple years so no one has been able to repeat back to me the crazy things I say.
17. I brush my teeth first and then wash my face. Always in that order. Morning and night.
18. I go through phases of being addicted to Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards from Dairy Queen.
19. Once I was addicted to Root Beer Freezes from A&W.
20. I am in love with Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights.
21. I don't know how to swim. I can't even float. It's sad...
22. I only like to order a non-water beverage at a restaurant if at least one other person orders one. If everyone else orders water I feel the need to follow suit.
23. I am not a morning person. I wish I was.
24. I love to read. My love for reading started with The Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley Twins.
25. I'm slightly obsessive compulsive (self-diagnosed). I used to have a thing about checking the locks before I went to bed.
26. I would prefer to wear flip-flops 365 days a year.
27. I love To Do lists. I like to make them, work off of them and cross things off.
28. I love my cat, Max. And I like to think that he loves me back.
29. I am afraid of change and will usually do what I can to avoid it.
30. I typically don't remember my dreams.
31. My favorite candy bar is the PB Twix, but when that was discontinued for a while (like 10 years or something) I settled for the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
32. I love the feeling of climbing into clean sheets after getting out of the shower.
33. I love the smell/feel of warm laundry straight from the dryer.
34. I get a pedicure on a regular basis.
35. I think Daylight Savings is backwards.
36. I am obsessed with Brandi Carlile. I think she's amazing and would love to be her friend.
37. I saw the ocean for the first time when I was 23 years old.
38. I once watched You've Got Mail every Sunday for an entire semester in college.
39. I would never wish to go back to high school but I miss my friends from that time in my life and wish I kept in better touch.
40. I love music. I love the way it can bring out such strong emotions and pull memories to the surface.
41. I cry every time I watch Extreme Home Makeover after they yell, "Bus driver, move that bus!" and the family sees their new home for the first time. Without fail.
42. I was Salutatorian of my graduating class and spoke at my high school graduation.
43. I love black and white photos of buildings or cities.
44. In my mind even numbers are "good" and odd numbers are "bad". All of my favorite numbers are even.
45. I used to race kids to computer class in middle school so I could play Oregon Trail or this dungeon typing game that I can't remember the name of.
46. I only rode the bus to school for two years - 7th and 8th grade.
47. My nickname as a kid was Boo. I don't have a lot of memories with people calling me that but apparently one day I was just over it.
48. I miss my mom's cooking.
49. I'm anxious for my children and nieces/nephews (when they all eventually get here) to have close relationships because I wasn't close to most of my cousins.
50. I love seeing movies in the theater.
51. When I was a kid I wanted to own a candy store like the one Charlie goes to in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with wooden shelves and the ladders that roll. Either a candy store or a book store with a similar look.
52. I change out of my work clothes as soon as I get home. I'm probably in my pj's earlier than anyone you know.
53. I wish I could sing well. I would love to take voice lessons.
54. I want to gossip and talk bad about people less. It's hard.
55. I cheated my way through geometry in 8th grade. The proofs got me every time!
56. My name for four years in high school Spanish was Eva Maria.
57. I used to ride my bike everywhere as a kid. There wasn't a part of town that Brandi and I hadn't explored on our bike rides.
58. I would rather be cold than hot.
59. I decided one day in high school that I wanted to go into advertising. No reason, really. And I did it.
60. My mom made me peanut butter toast and chocolate milk for breakfast most mornings growing up.
61. In kindergarten I got a paper cut on my eyeball as I was flipping over a piece of green construction paper.
62. As a kid I had a serious fear of Freddy Krueger.
63. I still get the chills every time I see a picture of him.
64. I admire each of my siblings for very different reasons. They are pretty awesome people.
65. I wore sweat suits to school a lot in second grade. Pastel colored sweat suits. Yup.
66. I went through a phase where I had to have the legs of my sweat pants pulled up mid-calf, even walking to school or on the playground in the single digit temperatures. I thought it wasn't cool to wear them any other way. I was wrong.
67. My mom was a substitute teacher in my elementary school. I used to stay after school with her and pretend I was teaching the class.
68. In third grade I read at an 8th grade reading level.
69. I love to putt-putt golf.
70. I would LOVE to vacation in Europe.
71. I wish I spoke another language fluently.
72. I've been in love.
73. I've had my heart broken.
74. I'm a picky eater. I don't like tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, any type of bean, peppers...the list could go on and on.
75. I have a secret crush on the bald guy from Miami Ink. I guess it's not so secret anymore.
76. I love to laugh.
77. My favorite movie used to be Fools Rush In. I'm not really sure why because it's not good.
78. I sleep with a fan on every night. No matter how cold it is outside.
79. I don't like to drink out of restaurant glasses without a straw.
80. I prefer to spend Friday nights at home watching a movie or reading a book.
81. I'm sort of a clean freak. I like my surroundings to be tidy.
82. I didn't fly on a plane until spring break of my junior year of high school.
83. I worked at Blockbuster for two summers during college. I loved it.
84. I got my first job ever as a Freshman in college at the Creamery on 9th. I only lasted two weeks.
85. My first concert was New Kids on the Block in 3rd grade. I loved Joey and Jonathan.
86. I'm not a spontaneous person, but sometimes I wish I was.
87. I've never been out of the country. Canada doesn't count.
88. I would like to visit the New England states (the furthest I've gone is up-state New York) and Oregon.
89. I went to Cedar Point at least once a year between 8-12th grade, maybe even before that.
90. I drove a red convertible my last two years of high school. It was technically Geoff's, but I used it while he was on his mission.
91. Sometimes I like a good cry. It just feels good.
92. I was the Vice President of my senior class in high school.
93. I have a testimony that I don't share enough.
94. I have a strange love for Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC. I can't explain it; I just love them!
95. I get embarrassed very easily.
96. Sometimes my face turns red even when I'm not actually embarrassed.
97. I wish I was better at saving money.
98. I'm a horrible story teller. I have a tendency to give too much background information and go off on a lot of tangents. The audience stops listening and I feel like an idiot.
99. I'm not good at anything relating to fractions. I can't add, multiply, divide them - nothing.
100. My worst years of seminary attendance were when it was taught by my mom in my basement. (Sorry Mom!)
101. As much as I like to complain, life is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i share some of the same things you do. since the baby is asleep, i will share them. :)

#'s: 2,3,4,8,10,11,17,23,25,26,27,32,33,40,41,44,48,49,50,52,54,58,62,64,70,71,72,76,78,79,80,81,87,91,
93,94,95,96,97,98,99,101.

bald guy from miami ink? really? :)

Kitty said...

I enjoyed reading this, Steph. I learned a lot. I couldn't have done this. I wouldn't know what to write.

stephanielynn said...

Amanda: I've never actually watched an episode of Miami Ink, but every time I see him on a commercial I think he's cute. We DO share a lot of the same things!

Mom:It took me a month to do it. Every time some random thought came to me I would write it down and add it to the list. It's not as hard as you'd think - you should try it!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! i love it steph. sometimes i have those crazy crushes too. like there was this guy on sports center who i thought was cute. i always saw him by flippinf the channels. never really watching the show. :)

Anonymous said...

now i'm number 36 with you. :) i didn't realize she was the one who sang "The Story."