Friday, November 30, 2007

The Great Debate

In the midst of an afternoon email fight with a co-worker (maybe not as much a fight as my expression of him being wrong) I stumbled upon this gem on Carlee's blog.

Carlee and I fought this fight last year and apparently she's looking for a repeat and taking it to the masses. And, if I do say so myself, it's very well written. I think she was on the debate team or something. Anyway, my point is that I was laughing so hard a one point that tears were streaming down my face.

You should really read the whole thing, but here is the sentence that made me pee my pants:

It's the same reason I don't write/sing songs about Hanukkah, soggy bread, sex before marriage, cinnamon or Miracle Whip - I just don't believe in them.

Three of the things on her list I actually DO believe in, but I get the point. And it's also hilarious.

3 comments:

Carlee said...

I actually WAS on the debate team. . . I wasn't very good though. If only we had debated over Christmas songs rather than global warming or guns in schools, I might have won something!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.