Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Gift

Lindsay and I got home from Boise last night at 3:45 am. We were tired from driving there and back in one day and ready to crawl into bed. Apparently Max missed us while we were gone because he left presents for both of us!

I walked in the door to find feathers in the hallway and I knew it was only going to get worse from there. I followed the feathers to my bedroom where more feathers and the bottom half of a bird body were waiting for me! Yup, that's right. The bloody stump of a bird body, legs and all.

Lindsay followed a small trail to her room where a pile of poo was waiting for her. Apparently bird doesn't agreed with Max's belly.

So we both went to work - Lindsay vacuuming feathers and picking up poo and me grabbing a shovel and scooping up the remains of a bird off my bedroom floor.

Why don't pets realize that dead animals don't make the best gifts? Money or jewelry would be sufficient.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no! gross. that was one of the worse things about having outside cats growing up.

one night, our cat (orange as well) brought in a dead baby rabbit!! head on one side of the house, body on the other.

Lindsay Jane said...

Just thinking about it again makes me pissed and more tired.

Kenn N said...

In hindsight I shouldn't have read this story to Amy while she was eating a muffin. Not pretty, my friend, NOT pretty!