Tuesday, January 04, 2011

it's that time.

Let's talk about 2010.

It seems as though the general consensus is that 2010 was the worst.
I don't know.
I mean, sure, there were a lot of things I could have done without during the course of the last 12 months. Duh. But 2010 was good to me in a lot of ways.

I'm just saying, let's not call it a complete failure, okay?

I don't typically make resolutions; at least not earnestly. But I did in 2010.
I made them.
I meant them.
I accomplished portions of them.

Drink more water. I did. Then I didn't. Then I really did. One word: STRAW.

Serve. This is what complete failure looks like.

Do hard things. I'm going to put an enthusiastic check in this box. Five course meal at Rover's where fish and glands were involved. 80's dance party where costumes were involved. Camping. New friends. Golf lessons. Hip hop dance classes. Scooters. And many more social situations I would have rather avoided, but did not. I will admit that I lost my enthusiasm for this goal in Q4, but I'm getting back on track. Hard Things, you haven't seen the last of me! (I'm shaking my fist in the air right now.)

Give people the benefit of the doubt. Well. I can say that I tried. Sometimes I tried harder than others, but I did try.


So, what about 2011?
I've decided to take it back to the basics this year.

Love. Just love people. All people. Don't allow myself to get frustrated or annoyed with others (or myself) so easily. And if I do? Get over it and move on. It's kind of like "give people the benefit of the doubt", but on steroids.

Also? I'm bringing Service back. (Did you just sing JT's Sexy Back to yourself? Just admit it. You did.) I'll keep adding this to my list of resolutions until I stop making excuses and do it.


There you have it. I'm going to love you all so much this year. Get ready.

No comments: